What is confirmation?
Confirmation is a period of study in which young people prepare to take on a greater responsibility in the life of the church and its mission to the world. The period of study culminates in a special "Affirmation of Baptism" worship service.
Living Word Lutheran Church offers a 2 year Confirmation program for 7th & 8th graders taught by Pastor Malinak. This class is designed to provide instruction based on Luther's Small Catechism.
Class resume in September
What are the Components of the Program?
1) Wednesday evening classes during the 7th and 8th grade.
2) Two retreats involving both the 7th and 8th grade.
3) Sermon Notes (15 per year)
5) Homework that provides opportunity for parent/child discussions of faith issues.
6) Memorization of The Small Catechism.
7) Writing of a faith statement.
What topics will be studied?
The topics for 2019/2020 are The Apostle's Creed, The Lord's Prayer, The Office of the Keys, Stewardship, Understanding Worship, Discerning Truth, Books of the Bible and Witnessing. The topics for 2020/2021 are the Ten Commandments, Baptism, Holy Communion, Martin Luther, and Combining Bible Reading and Prayer.
The classes are very interactive. The goal is that your child will be able to not only articulate Lutheran doctrine but be able to apply it in life situations. Each class will also emphasize the building relationship between the young people.
Call Pastor Malinak at 817-481-8626